Monday, October 5, 2009

Kudos to IN MY LIFE...the Movie

Ok, I have to confess that I am not a big fan of Filipino movies at all. Magalit na kayo, but that's me, in all honesty. But, the other side of it is, hindi rin naman ako big fan ng English/American films. I like some of them, but just the same, I don't spend my dollars to see their films, so quits lang. I am a TV-person! I love the comfort of home-viewing! However, if there's a film I really like, and an opinion of someone I respect alot, I might go and see it. So, just because a friend liked the movie "UP", yes, I did see the movie and liked it too.

This time around, this dear friend said, na hindi naman niya napanood ang In My Life, pero maganda raw. Stubborn me, I simply brushed it off, who cares? (So, ibaba na ang mga nakataas na kilay, I plead guilty naman eh). Sa tutoo lang, my niece Jeng called me Saturday, inaaya ako to see it, sabi ko lang, sige lang...am not interested. But Ate Delia, my sis-in-law, who happens to be a big Vilma fan called me Saturday night, and asked if we're watching In My Life. I actually don't have plans for real, after I got so disappointed with Bea Alonzo's And I love you so. Sorry na naman, pero di ko talaga nagustuhan. So this time around, I said, never again ako mag-watch ng Filipino film. But going back to Ate Delia, it was so hard for me to said no, so yesterday, off we went to see it.

OMG, yes I mean OMG! In all fairness, I liked it!!!!!!!!! Very funny and well directed. The script is well written too. There was no dragging part, and the story hits home, especially for filipinos who migrated here. Sobrang makaka-relate ka with the struggles one goes through when moving here in the US, but in a very funny way...ang galeng talaga! To top it all, may puso ang movie na ito!

The ending was anti-climactic for me, but you can't do it any other way, so maganda pa rin.

So, sa lahat ng Pinoy, take it from me, the movie is worth seeing! (ang galing kong magsalita 'no?) But I told myself, I'll get a DVD once it becomes available.

Congrats sa Star Cinema...Mabuhay kayo!...ang galeng...to the highest level!

2 comments:

Rose Ortega said...

At dahil sinabi mong beautiful movie sya, I'll go see it this weekend...Naku si Mother kaya nag watch na? Vilmanian din kaya siya.... Hi Mamsie!!!

webmaster said...

Yeah, panoorin nyo...maganda talaga, at si Jeng, di pala natuloy nung inaya ako...nauna pa tuloy ako. Osang, sama mo si Mabeth mo.